Re: [Asrg] Declaration to the world

2003-03-06 07:13:18
  I, the legal owner and emperor of the domain "danisch.de", hereby
  declare to the world, that all mail from this domain will be
  delivered from the IP address 213.133.101.23 only. I kindly ask
  you to not accept any mail with a sender address of this domain
  delivered from any other IP address, since it is considered to be
  forged. Thank you for your cooperation.

In what way would such a statement infringe anyone else's
constitutional or other rights?

it doesn't.  it's just not a generally-applicable mechanism.

subject to relataively few constraints, you own 'danisch.de' for as long as
you renew it.  most users do not own their IP addresses.  in order for routing
to scale (at least with current routing protocols), it is necessary that
networks be renumbered from time to time.  so we do not want to encourage
tight binding of IP addresses to domain names even for those cases where it
might
work, for now.  also, source addresses can sometimes be forged, so we don't
want to rely on them as authentiation tokens.

Keith