Re: [Asrg] Stamps

2003-03-07 11:48:58
how do you measure the profit derived from sending mail to a friend?

 -- I don't. It is not Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE- Which is exactly
the point of all of this). We want to get rid of UCE(spam) and keep the
email to a friend.

not everyone defines spam as UCE.

and offhand I don't know a way to impose costs on either UCE or spam without
imposing costs on others who might want to send me mail.

if there were a reliable way to distinguish between spam and other kinds of
mail, maybe this would be worth something.  but offhand I don't know of
a way to do that.

Keith