Re: [Asrg] Stamps

2003-03-07 12:54:34
I believe that eventually bulk mail will be
taxed like alcohol and tobacco, at a rate of $0.01 to $0.10 per
addressee.

If I'm right about that, then political implications suggest that
body filtering will remain effective.  They also suggest that real
opt-out/do-not-mail lists will appear.

my conclusions are similar.  note that the real purpose of such a tax would be
to make spam legally legitimate, while raising the bar just enough to make it
inaccessible by small companies.   but it wouldn't do anything to improve
the signal-to-noise ratio of email.

Keith