Re: [Asrg] Why content filters are inacceptable

2003-03-09 07:12:40
Wouldn't it be stupid to first receive a message
encrypted and then register that mail to a third party?

I didn't say it wouldn't be stupid. I was just pointing out that if someone
freely chooses to use such a system, it's not a free speech issue.

I can't see a free
speech issue here, who's proposing that employment of such a system be
mandatory?

It doesn't need to be mandatory. It's sufficient that enough people
use it voluntarily. It doesn't matter for which reason people use it.

???

Maybe you're not aware of it, but the US government started to collect
informations about which books people buy. Buy the wrong book in the
bookshop at the corner and - bang - you're declared as being
suspicous.

Catcher in the Rye?

I don't even get *spam* inviting me to wild sex anymore :(

If you don't mind to get them in german language, I can register
you to some sex contact services and you will have more than plenty of
such spams for years.  Would you like?

I do hope that that was a joke.

While a government would never be able to establish such a
surveillance and censorship infrastructure for political reasons,

You seriously think that they haven't already?

I'm pretty sure your's did. I guess my one didn't. I was working for
an ISP and certainly would have known. If they could manage to
establish such an infrastructure, that would be the first thing
that our government gets finished and working.

http://www.statewatch.org/news/2003/jan/12eudatret.htm