RE: [Asrg] Lets Fix Mailing Lists

2003-03-09 06:46:24
For you, but not for me or the next person.  More than a few people
complain about spam from microsoft.com.

I have yet to see spam from microsoft.com that was not forged.

You seem to be determined to preserve the status quo here. You
don't want any mechanism to make consent an empirical fact that
can be checked independently of claims by microsoft or the
recipient.

You deny that forged headers exist, on what evidence I have no
idea. ALL the spam purporting to come from hotmail that I have
checked has been forged. That is 100%, not 10%. Same for yahoo.
I have checked 20 odd messages already, so someone do the poisson
thing and work out the highest percentage microsoft is likely
to be sending at a 95% confidence, no 90% confidence interval.
I bet it is not very high.

What positive or constructive contributions do you intend to
make to this debate? Or do you intend to simply sit back and
snipe at any evil commercial organization that tries to do
something about the problem?

                Phill