Re: [Asrg] Opt-out lists and legislation

2003-03-11 08:59:18
On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 04:46:22 PST, "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" said:

What an amazingly parochial view. It is unlikely that we are going
to see any US led trade agreements for many years. Why do you assume
that your country is the only super-national actor?

That was his point - the US, even as the most obvious super-national,
is having a hard time convincing other countries to do what we want.

We can't even convince the rest of the US Security Council of such blazingly
obvious "facts" as "madmen must be disarmed". ;)

Korea is looking to adopt anti-spam legislation unilaterally. Their
people have the same complaints as everyone else.

Right - the point is that they're doing it because THEIR citizens are
asking, not because some other country is.