RE: [Asrg] Random thought

2003-03-12 11:30:12

-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]On Behalf Of
lstewart(_at_)acm(_dot_)org
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 12:26 PM
To: Jason Hihn
Cc: ASRG
Subject: Re: [Asrg] Random thought
This discussion leads me, in a roundabout way, to a topic about which I
am confused.  Should mail to invalid recipients be rejected or merely
discarded?  If mail senders are legitimate, then rejecting bad mail makes
sense. It helps folks who have made typos, of which I have made my share.
However for spammers, I have not heard, or perhaps not understood, the
argument.  My own inclination is to silently accept such things
as my small
part in the task of making spamming uneconomic.

Enter domain authentication... It's be nice to know if your rejected mail
will be rejected, or sent to a spoofed address...