Re: [Asrg] SMTP & NNTP ?

2003-03-18 09:26:53
Hadmut Danisch wrote:
Just a simple question: Are we bound to focus
on e-mail/SMTP transport or do we cover News/NNTP as well?

I would strongly recommend that we avoid News/NNTP issues. The dynamics and issues are considerably different, and News/NNTP spam generally is already under reasonable control. From a practical standpoint, News/NNTP spamming is less of a problem than it was in the mid-late 90's. The IETF is far less interested in fiddling around with a protocol that is mature and declining in relative importance.