Re: [Asrg] Domain-Authorized SMTP Mail

2003-03-18 09:45:19
I believe there are a number of us interested in this type of solution but for
it to work we would have to distill the ideas together.

Checking the from header has serious implications with mailing lists and I
proposed that we do not check the from header but check the envelope from and
require that MUAs expose the envelope from in the form of "from 'envelope
from' on behalf of 'from header'"

https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/msg01533.html

wayne wrote:
See:

https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/msg00001.html
RMX records
(Yes, this was the very first message to this mailing list)

https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/msg00048.html
domain specific DNS blacklists (or whitelists)

https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/msg00686.html
pros and cons of RMX (Re: [Asrg] Declaration to the world)