Re: [Asrg] Domain-Authorized SMTP Mail

2003-03-18 14:31:43
At 11:33 AM -0500 3/18/03, Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu wrote:
Let's say the mail starts at a Unix workstation, which sends it to a mail
hub.  The Auth-By: now lists the workstation.  The hub tries to send it to
your server, fails, and sends it to your off-site backup MX service.
The MX nukes the previous AUth-by, and adds one pointing to the originating
mail hub.  Your server comes up, the mail starts arriving.

While you've got some good points I wouldn't pick on the MX issue particularly. I think in this proposal was assuming (as a lot of anti-spam schemes do) that the MX server has to act like, and be treated like, the main server. That's an issue, since small companies don't always have that level of MX control--but it is a necessary part of almost all proposals, not just that one.

--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.