Re: [Asrg] Requirements for anti-spam systems-Draft 1

2003-03-19 17:36:57
Paul,

I'm very new to the list and have been astounded (a little daunted) by
the volume of traffic.

Thank you for re-publishing this requirements list. I think it's
imperative that we all focus on nailing that down as a means of
formalising a positive step towards a solution (or group of
solutions).

While the mail archive is a useful tool, it is also BIG. Using it to
determine exactly what the currently-agreed-upon requirements list is
is a difficult task.

Can I suggest that we take formalisation a step further by having, on
a web site (http://www.irtf.org/charters/asrg.html for instance) a
definitive list of requirements currently agreed upon. We can then
debate modifications to the list, and when agreed upon, update the
list.

The same approach could be used for possible solutions. With a name of
the solution, short description, status (e.g. In Debate, Rejected,
Accepted), and a list of pros and cons.

I think that to do this we would need some formalised approach to how
we agree on things. We obviously have a bunch of enthusiastic &
intelligent contributors to this list. I'd hate for any energy (or
reading time) being wasted on repeating and rehashing old subjects,
and for talking about off-topic items.

Would people find this approach useful ? Comments, suggestions welcome.

David Finnie