RE: Bounces, was Re: [Asrg] Sender pays vs Forgeries

2003-03-21 11:13:55
Such protection is the job of your mail program, not the mindless
transports. You can do instream processing at your end like popfile but
the mail server cannot and must not meddle.

-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [mailto:asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of
David Walker
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 12:36
To: Chris Lewis; asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Bounces, was Re: [Asrg] Sender pays vs Forgeries

My point is that if my mail server receives a message with a <> envelope

sender it should not deliver the message intact to the user.  It should
wrap
that message to make it obvious that is an error report.  If it is a
spam but
is delivered looking like an error report it loses it's effectiveness as
spam.