Re: Bounces, was Re: [Asrg] Sender pays vs Forgeries

2003-03-23 11:43:05
At 9:19 AM -0500 3/23/03, mathew wrote:
The way to solve the bounce problem, pre-emptively if possible, is to standardize the format of bounce messages so that they can only contain an error code and the e-mail address of the bounce. They'd then be turned into a description by the client.

Unfortunately we seem to be making up new reasons for bounces on a daily basis.
- insufficient funds in stamp
- go to this url and prove you are human
- blocked by spam filter

Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.