Re: [Asrg] a "baby steps" proposal.

2003-03-25 08:28:44
On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:02:55 EST, Kee Hinckley said:
I bounced over 40,000 different addresses last year.  I have less
than 40 good addresses.  Extreme yes, but managing good addresses is
a lot easier.

A good point.. and then you said...

And of course, it only works if the spammers send to bad addresses
that bounce.  But if people implement eRBL, then the spammers have an
easy way to avoid sending to bad addresses.

You say that like it's a bad thing... ;)

Sites go to incredible lengths to keep usernames secret.. and they they
get dictionary-attacked, which is probably even worse from the mail system
point of view.