Re: SPEWS: RE: [Asrg] Please no flamewars

2003-03-26 13:22:20
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
Unfortunately Vernon keeps calling me a liar, I am not.

Did he call you a liar, or simply mistaken? Tho, if the mistakes are repeated often enough after the mistakes are pointed out, there's little difference.

SPEWS really did blacklist us and the entire net that we
are on. SPEWS states that it is their policy to blacklist
all of an ISPs customers if they do not respond.

Incorrect. It is their policy to escalate blacklists, up to and including the entire ISP. It just hadn't gotten that far yet.

Nor is it obvious that a blacklist could not be out of control:

Anything can be out of control. ORBS was clearly rogue. No sane person would have ever used it once any of that came to light. As it did.

Unless Vernon posts a denial that he is a member of the spews cabal I will conclude that Vernon is a member

Splorf.  You'll like antispews.org and operation "Sherman Tank".

Regular coffee for me thanks.