[Asrg] OT - real spam

2003-03-30 21:03:08
Ok - I realize this is slightly  off topic. Maybe a  lot off topic. But.....

I was at the San Mateo Fairgrounds today (in Northern Cal.).

There was a large bright blue portable food wagon. On top was a _giant_ can of Spam. At least 10 or 12 feet tall. The truck side was labeled as the SpamMobile.

Playing over loudspeakers was a recorded spiel about the benefits and history of Spam (no Python songs). And... they were giving away free samples (no, I didn't try any).

This is the real stuff - not some of that fake spam that comes over a wire.

They were also promoting their web site - www.spam.com

Just thought you might like to know....

mh