[Asrg] 6. Proposal for new solutions: Next gen email system requests/id eas

2003-04-02 09:34:33

If you wish to propose an alternative system that provides email
functionality but allows for the control of unwanted messages, that is fine.
The goal of this group is to examine all possible solutions for
accomplishing the requirements. Do keep in mind that as stated in the
charter, "ASRG will consider the issues of deployment for proposed
solutions, emphasizing the investigation of methods that have a realistic
chance of wide-scale deployment." In developing your proposal, please
examine the requirements that we have set forth. Proposed solutions of all
forms will be evaluated by these requirements.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Crocker [mailto:dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 10:40 AM
To: Jason Hihn
Cc: Asrg
Subject: Re: [Asrg] FW: Next gen email system requests/ideas

Jason,

JH> It is very possible that email as we know it may be re-invented
JH> because of spam. It may not be "email" or such, but an
open message
JH> medium.

Sounds like you need a forum for discussing research on
next-generation email.

The only thing certain about discussing such a topic in an
anti-spam forum is that we will discuss everyone's pet-peeves
or fantasies about email, rather than discuss mechanisms that
might control spam.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>