Re: [Asrg] 4.a Taxonomy -- Where would CHANNELS fit into the Tax onomy ?

2003-04-07 15:00:14

    >        1 (a) (i) (2) b Token supported
    >
    > since CHANNEL seems to be a token.

    This is correct. This is exactly what is meant by this category. TDMA also
    has similar capabilities.

I spoke to the developers at some length today.

They feel that the system isn't really very much like a white list
since white lists connote lists of senders and the ZoEmail/CHANNEL
system isn't looking at the sender/from/reply-to fields at all.

Any given CHANNEL is usable by anyone that the correspondent who knows
that channel tells it to.  (Much like a "capability" in the operating
systems sense of the word.)

They also tell me that since they can track who leaked a channel to a
spanner that ZoEmail/CHANNEL approach also provides significant
deterrents.

From this they argue that should be a (1)(c) category for system which
do both prevent and deterrents in an inseparable way.

/Russell