Re: [Asrg] New take on emerging idea. (Vulnerability)

2003-04-10 13:05:26
On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 13:28:47 -0600
John Fenley <pontifier(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

I did find a flaw that makes my system vulnerable to spammers.  An
open relay could be used to spoof an address listed in the database
that many people are subscribed to, thus bypassing all the systems.

The typical approach is to authenticate by both Return-Path and From:.
It doesn't prevent the abuse, but it significantly cuts down on its
reach.

--
J C Lawrence
claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu               He lived as a devil, eh?