[Asrg] RE: [Asrg]2.b. Spam corpuses

2003-04-11 04:43:18

Spamarchive.org

Has been collecting spam since November. There is an archive of spam that
was hand-submitted by humans. There is also an archive of spam that was
detected and forwarded by spam tools (i.e. spamassassin).

It receives about 5,000 spam messages daily and releases the new archives
daily.

As far as I know, this is the largest and freshest archive of spam messages.
At this time, it does not provide an archive of ham.

-----Original Message-----
From: J C Lawrence [mailto:claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2003 10:42 PM
To: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Asrg] Spam corpuses

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:02:45 -0400
Terri Oda <terri(_at_)zone12(_dot_)com> wrote:

Does anyone besides Spam Assassin have a decent corpus of spam for
training and testing filters?  This could be with or
without non-spam.

I use SpamAssassin, RBLs, and a few other tools on this
account, and get the better part of 100 - 150 spam per day.
I also run a number of salt addresses which pipe directly
into razor-report which get a some traffic.  It would be
fairly easy for me to just let those streams collect to help
build a new corpus.  If even a small handful of us did this
I'm sure we could rapidly come up with a respectable set.

--
J C Lawrence
claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu               He lived as a devil, eh?

http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/  Evil is a name of a foeman, as I