Re: [Asrg] Note: Active harassment

2003-04-13 20:56:22
On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 21:14:20 -0400
Jim Youll <jim(_at_)media(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu> wrote:

I just wanted to point out that, just like the last time I was
publicly involved in anti-spamming activities, I'm again seeing that
messages are going out with my address in the From: field and wondered
if others are experiencing the same.

Yup.  Its not common with my address, but I've received the better part
of a third of a million bounces in the last year with a From: of
claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu(_dot_)

  ObNote: I suspect this was not deliberate.  In the same time,
  frequently for the same spam message quite obviously sent in the same
  run I've received a few million bounces at Kanga.Nu for a stable of
  roughly 130 non-existent addresses (it appears to be
  <random_RHS>@kanga.nu).

--
J C Lawrence
claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu               He lived as a devil, eh?