RE: [Asrg] Spam Control Complexity -- scaling, adoption, diversit y and scenarios

2003-04-22 12:26:16
Phillip,

HBP> This working group is charged with a purpose, to stop spam.
HBP> It is not charged with stopping spam by method X.

You keep citing that as if it meant that the group can and should
consider anything it wants to.  As if, for example, this group would
be a reasonable venue for formulating legislation.  After all, some
people think that will "stop spam".

If someone could make a reasonable case that legislation would work
to the extent that no technical measures were required then bring
it on.

HBP> Like many others in the IETF you appear to have the idea that
HBP> it is somehow your position to impart your learned experience

Good job.  Slam the IETF and me at the same time.

Stop hiding behind the IETF. It is commonly accepted that the IETF
is an open forum and all manner of undesirables appear as a result.

People with an overblown sense of self importance being a major
category of problem in my view. If you seriously believe that your
achievements are such that you can talk down to anyone in the IETF
at all then that is your problem. I don't think that there are
many who hold the same assesment of your abilities.

Presumably you are not making up your assertions of fact,

Actually as has been repeatedly pointed out, YOU made the assertion
of fact and the onus of proof is on YOU. I rebutted the assertion
with considerably more evidence to support my case than you have
provided.

All you have done is to engage in ad hominem attacks.

Presumably you are participating in this open exchange
with the intent of constructive dialogue?

Pot, kettle, black.

Presumably you are offering to produce the draft of that "FAQ"? It
sounds like it might be useful.

Actually as several who have been in this group some time know
I have already circulated one draft of such a scoping paper. I
am currently getting approval for the second.

                Phill