Re: [Asrg] Spam Control Complexity -- scaling, adoption, diversit y and scenarios

2003-04-22 13:45:36
Phillip,

HBP> Like many others in the IETF you appear to have the idea that
HBP> it is somehow your position to impart your learned experience

Good job.  Slam the IETF and me at the same time.

HBP> Stop hiding behind the IETF.

Wow.

You keep raising the IETF reference. I keep pointing out how
inappropriate and unproductive your raising it is. And then you claim
that *I* am hiding behind it???

Oh, by the way. Perhaps you have missed the organizational affiliation
of the IRTF? If you detest this particular community so much that you
must constantly remind us of your displeasure, how can you be
productive?

HBP> If you seriously believe that your
HBP> achievements are such that you can talk down to anyone in the IETF
HBP> at all then that is your problem.

I am extremely sorry that you took my request as an arrogant, personal
attack. It certainly was not intended.

with some example of its implication, you posted:

HBP> It is empirically easier to deploy changes at servers than in mail clients.

2. I posted:

DC> No doubt you have empirical data to substantiate your empirical
DC> assertion.

DC> So, please cite some major enhancement to an Internet-scale,
DC> Internet-diversity, existing service, that could have been done either
DC> in an edge fashion or a core fashion, that went quickly (or at all)
DC> through core deployment, rather than edge.

3. You posted:

HBP> Fifteen years of trying to deploy PKI through the edge model.

You cite some more failures, and then you asked:

HBP> Need more proof?

although nothing in your note was in any way a proof relevant to the
question I asked.

4. So, I posted:

DC> Forgive me, but as I noted later in my query, I was asking for you to
DC> cite a *success*. Making definitive statements about what will succeed,
DC> based on a track record of failure, is not very convincing.

and I provided a review of the question I had posed that you had not
yet responded to.

And that's where we remain...

So please provide some guidance about the proper way to ask you for
substantiation to claims you make. I certainly would prefer to pursue
the topic of this group than to engage in these distracting
excursions. So it might help to know what discourse style you are not
so sensitive to.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>