RE: [Asrg] Challenge to Challenge response

2003-04-22 13:26:04
Exactly where is the unfariness?

Is it being asserted that this particular test is unfair? in which case
please suggest modifications. Or is the assertion that any test of C/R is
intrinsically unfair? If so on what grounds?

I think the reason the test is being objected to is that we all know what
the result would be.

Kee does have a good point, it is the reason that I cannot afford to use a
scheme like that. A single lost email could cost my company thousands. I
don't get enough traffic on my personal email address to be worth tracking.

I actually use the spam filters we just installed to quarantine all my mail
so it does not hit my RIM pager. I check every message in quarantine twice a
day.

I propose a second part to the test to see which proportion of the test
candidates offered the use of the scheme are willing to try it. We could ask
some university to install it, we must be comming up to final year project
time somewhere in the world.

I will write up the project proposal after we bat it arround a bit more. If
the C/R proponents want to suggest modifications to make the test fairer
feel free to do so.

        Phill