RE: [Asrg] Challenge to Challenge response

2003-04-23 06:02:53

Also, I communicate with the people at Qualcomm in charge of Eudora
every once in awhile and Eudora still is under active development.
Just because they

As an alpha tester for Eudora, I can assure you that development for
the product is very active.  There was definitely a hiatus for a
while, but the new version definitely puts it on parity with the
features of other products out there.

I talked to one of the Qualcomm engineers, the message I got was,
"why are you bothering us about something that in't a phone?". They
could give me no contact for the development group, there did not
appear to be one.

If you know different then that is good.

If there is interest in getting S/MIME support into the product, now
would be the right time to try contacting them again.

The feedback I got was that they think that a plug in solution is
perfectly OK, even though plug ins end up being completely
unmanageable in a corporate environment, especially once you
have more than one.

The representation on crypto was that the company had some sort
of export control related allergy to it - even though that issue
went away long ago. It sounded like the French ban on import
of crypto was going to determine the product future.

It would be good if at a minimum Eudora would actually handle
S/MIME messages without creating the issues it currently does
with attachments.

                Phill