Re: [Asrg] The spammers strike back

2003-04-26 16:16:03
From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com>

I took a look at the spam sender SLAPP case.

Some observations:

If the topic is what I think it is, a far more relevant forum for
its discussion is the news.admin.net-abuse.email newsgroups.  I
believe all of the defendants are frequently seen in NANAE, and
some have (I hope not imprudently) commented on the case.  There
have been hundreds of articles discussing many aspects of the case,
including words from places such as the Yale Law School.  There
are many mirrors of web pages containing the complaint, the request
for a TRO, and the judge's rejection of the TRO.  One example is
http://www.LinxNet.com/misc/spam/slapp.php

I think it would be really swell if this mailing list did not rehash
those many hundreds of thoughts, and not only because it would be
a rehashing.  Many comments give aid and comfort to those I hope
will suffer most at the end of the saga.