Re: [Asrg] ESPC Proposal

2003-04-27 19:42:40
At 08:28 PM 4/27/03 -0400, waltdnes(_at_)waltdnes(_dot_)org wrote:
On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 05:58:12PM -0400, Olson, Margaret wrote

From a user point of view, spam is mail I didn't want to get,
and that is based on the mail content. Marketers are careful with
their targeting off-line. They (and their email service providers)
can be and should be just as careful on-line.

 *WRONG* *WRONG* *WRONG*  It's about consent, not content.

Are we up to the screaming about what spam is part already?
Wow, this group is moving along much faster than I thought.

IIRC, the charter of this group claims it is working on
the problem of consent-based communication.  Anything which deals
with some other aspect or definition of spam is IMO, offtopic.

Scott Nelson <scott(_at_)spamwolf(_dot_)com>