Re: [Asrg] ESPC Proposal

2003-04-27 11:23:27
wayne wrote:
In <CE541259607DE94CA2A23816FB49F4A301AE237B(_at_)vhqpostal6(_dot_)verisign(_dot_)com>
"Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> writes:

Margaret,

        Please ignore Vernon, he has his own agenda which appears to be
something other than solving the spam problem.

Margaret,

        Please *DO NOT* ignore Vernon, he has done more to eliminate
spam than just about anyone else on this mailing list.  The pointers
he provided are to information provided by a wide variety of people.

I agree.

I'd also point out that from our perspective, ESPC would not aid Roving.com in any way.

We block roving due to spam volumes. We don't need ESPC to tell us which stuff is from roving.com - we already know.

They need to get a better handle on their spamming problem.

        Accountability is something that work both ways in my view. So long
as we have unaccountable individuals running blacklists

My blacklisting of roving.com is perfectly 100% accountable to both my employer and the employer of all of the users.

>> and such according
to their own predjudices and caprices there is not much incentive on the
part of bulk emailers to participate.

There's not much incentive on our part to support and embrace ESPC if they insist on spamming.