Re: [Asrg] ESPC Proposal

2003-04-27 17:28:55
On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 05:58:12PM -0400, Olson, Margaret wrote

From a user point of view, spam is mail I didn't want to get,
and that is based on the mail content. Marketers are careful with
their targeting off-line. They (and their email service providers)
can be and should be just as careful on-line.

  *WRONG* *WRONG* *WRONG*  It's about consent, not content.  I don't
care whether you're selling porn, whether you're a religious nutcase
who's trying to save my soul, a politician who's trying to save my
country, or a business claiming it can save me a few bucks.  Unsolicited
Bulk Email (UBE for short) is the problem.  They're all alike as far as
I'm concerned.  I don't appreciate being your "target".  If I didn't
specifically opt in *AND CONFIRM* don't send it.  Which syllable in the
word "NO" do you not understand ?

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)waltdnes(_dot_)org>
Email users are divided into two classes;