RE: [Asrg] ESPC Proposal

2003-04-26 16:00:31
From: "Olson, Margaret" <molson(_at_)roving(_dot_)com>

Being held accountable absolutely one of the goals of the ESPC proposal. We
want to be held accountable - holding senders accountable is necessary to
solving the spam problem.

We're not particularly trying to avoid confirmed opt-in. We are trying to
make it easy to identify who is sending unwanted mail. ...

Really?  Perhaps I can help.  Roving.com was still a noticable source
of unwanted, unsolicited, objectionable bulk mail in my filters and
traps as recently as 8 days ago.

See also
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=+%22roving.%2Bcom%22+group%3A*abuse*

Roving.com seems to use uses other domain names for its unsolicited,
unwanted bulk mail including constantcontact.com and rs6.net.  See
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=+%22rs6.%2Bnet%22+group%3A*abuse*
and
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=+%22constantcontact.%2Bcom%22+group%3A*abuse*

Some of the long threads that Ms. Olson has triggered elsewhere can be
found with
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22Margaret+Olson%22+group%3A*abuse*