RE: [Asrg] Protecting Legitimate Commercial Email (was Re: ESPC P roposal)

2003-04-28 17:48:46
They swipeth your registration badge.

Of course some of us use disposable email addresses for that
application :-)

I guess we could see about getting a feature added to mail servers,
clients to autogenerate a temporary use mail alias on request.

                Phill

-----Original Message-----
From: Kee Hinckley [mailto:nazgul(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2003 4:52 PM
To: Hallam-Baker, Phillip
Cc: Asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: [Asrg] Protecting Legitimate Commercial Email
(was Re: ESPC
P roposal)

At 11:48 AM -0700 4/28/03, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
I just went to the RSA show. In return for giving my email I
got approx $30
worth of free merchandise. So yes all that mail is going
straight to the bit
bucket but I cannot complain that the email is completely
unsolicited.

What percentage of the email addresses they received do you think
were fake?  (Or did they nab it from the conference registration
info.)
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering

I'm not sure which upsets me more: that people are so
unwilling to accept
responsibility for their own actions, or that they are so
eager to regulate
everyone else's.