Re: [Asrg] Proposal for transition to authenticated email

2003-04-29 09:56:17
In <7776(_dot_)1051595814(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu> J C Lawrence
<claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu> writes:

On 29 Apr 2003 00:35:41 -0500
wayne  <wayne(_at_)midwestcs(_dot_)com> wrote:

As quoted above, only the IP address of the previous hop is
practically unforgeable.  Most other headers can be trivially forged.

:mutters something about a forward chained Received: header proposal
that (potentially) makes the (entire) Received: chain reliably
auditable.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, your forward chaining proposal
was the first thing I thought of that caused me to change "All other
headers" to "Most other headers".

-wayne