Re: [Asrg] Proposal for transition to authenticated email

2003-04-28 22:00:32
On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 00:45:49 -0400
Ken Hirsch <kenhirsch(_at_)myself(_dot_)com> wrote:

Oh, please, if you are going to discuss the proposal, do it seriously.
I never said the CAs wouldn't enforce, I just said that they would
have lots of help.  If the CAs don't enforce, their certificates
become worthless.  Nobody will buy them.

A brief check of my browser cache shows that I have just over 700
self-signed keys lodged in my browser.  While my browsing habits are
likely atypical, I'd wager that that outnumbers the number of central CA
signed keys I've hit in the last year by a factor of at least 5.

CA keys just aren't worth that much, and frankly, never have been.

--
J C Lawrence
claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu               He lived as a devil, eh?