RE: [Asrg] A New Plan for No Spam / Velocity Indicator

2003-05-02 08:38:53
Unfortunately, some MUA do not support that 'feature' or only support it for
mailing addresses within the domain of the originator which is also an
interesting feature.  With that as the case it may be considered that BCC is
not per se relevant as an 'evil' descriptor when detected but could be
considered as a message anomaly when crossing an MTA boundary and:

1) the message recipient is within the domain of the originator, and;
2) all BCC recipients are outside the domain of the key recipient's (To and Cc)

as opposed to the converse which would appear to be the most likely use of BCC
in message (company/organization internal) while these are interesting
considerations, they may not be viable as solutions unless a mechanism can be
established and used that identifies orig/recip affiliations (C/R,
white/blacklists, etc).  To me this represents one of the problems with
focusing on 'one-size-fits-all' solution approaches (and mind you I am
interested in reading and analyzing all approaches).

On Thursday, May 01, 2003 6:52 AM, Tom Thomson