RE: [Asrg] Reference: Realtime UNblocking Lists

2003-05-02 08:39:41
Maybe the consideration should be made to revise/extend protocols used for
dynamic allocation of addressing.  Would that resolve this issue?

-e

On Thursday, May 01, 2003 6:15 AM, Jon Kyme
[SMTP:jrk(_at_)merseymail(_dot_)com] wrote:
From: Leif Neland
Subject: Idea: RUBL: Realtime UNblocking Lists
Newsgroups: comp.mail.sendmail
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:47:31 +0200

As you pointed out, one needs to block any IP that might be dynamically
allocated for this to work well. Even for IPs that don't change their
association frequently, periodic retesting would be required. I suppose
this might be requested by my MTA if I get an "old" response from the RUBL.

One issue I see is that it might falsely whitelist the output IP of
multistage relays. How big a problem would this be?