[Asrg] Consent, ASRG, and RMX

2003-05-08 08:52:17
  The charter of group says that the purpose is to discuss
"consent-based communication".  It continues:

  "This means that an individual or organization should be able to
   express consent or lack of consent for certain communication and have
   the architecture support those desires."

  RMX explicitely satisfies that charter goal.

  The opposition to RMX has (to me) appeared to be based on the idea
that the some people can make consent choices for third-party
individuals or organizations.  That is, they state that they do NOT
consent to individuals or organizations being able to express consent
for certain communications, and that they do NOT consent to those
individuals or organizatings having the architecture to support those
desires.

  While I understand that the opposition has perhaps not made that
statement explicit, they have danced around the issue, and have
refused to expressly deny it when asked if that is, in fact, their
opinion.

  I therefore ask the chair to make a statement that, technical
considerations aside, RMX explicitely falls within the charter of
ASRG.  I further ask the chair to make a statement that people who
oppose the explicit charter goals of this group should not participate
in further discussion.

  Alan DeKok.