Re: Fwd: RE: [Asrg] Willfull and intentional misunderstandings

2003-05-08 11:54:23
Spoofed spam is harder to trace, and thus harder to shut down.

This assumes a few things I don't know:

        o what does "harder to trace" refer to, what is the technical
          capability of the entity performing the tracing function?
        o what does "trace" actually mean?
        o what does "harder to shut down" refer to
        o what is actually being "shut down"?
and finally, if it were easier and well-defined and easier and well-defined
        o would it matter?

Isn't every overt source an expendable asset with a finite TTL and a finite
delivery queue?

I think Dave's question a reasonable one, it certainly occured to me to
ask it, though given the side-effects, I'm happy I didn't.

Eric