RE: [Asrg] RMX evaluation (was RE: Is there anything good enough? - Spoofing stats)

2003-05-08 21:47:35

-----Original Message-----
From: Hadmut Danisch [mailto:hadmut(_at_)danisch(_dot_)de]
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 2:48 PM
To: Paul Judge
Cc: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Asrg] RMX evaluation (was RE: Is there anything
good enough? - Spoofing stats)

  - the new RMX RR will never be seriously considered in
the DNS WG.

Wow, that is an first class argument. Shouldn't we let the WG itself
decide it instead of Vernon?

  - if by some fluke that happens it will never pass Last
Call in a DNS WRK.

Wow, another first class argument. We are blessed to have such
a genius like Vernon who can predict other peoples opinion.

  - if everyone is asleep there, it won't pass IESG review or
main list
     Last Call.

Another one of these. I wonder what we need IETF, IRTF, working groups
and mailing lists for if we have a fortune teller like Vernon.

Hadmut, we can do without the sarcasm and personal remarks. This is a
technical mailing list. Please stick to the topics.

What does Microsoft need Bill Gates for if we have Vernon to define
their Business Model? Why do we need to fight against Spam at all if
Spam perfectly meets companies business models?

More personal remarks.

I'm beginning to get the impression that RMX proponents are
egregiously unaware of how SMTP works and is commonly used.

Wow, another good argument. Paul, I guess that could be your
favourite...

Paul, I really do applaude for your wise and experienced way
of group leadership and your profound ability to identify
good arguments.

More sarcasm and personal attacks. I never said that the arguments were
good. I just said that it is a clear list of arguments. This means that it
is organized in a format that allows technical debate without irrelevant
arguments and personal comments. However, in your reply you managed to turn
this back into a personal conversation.

People please stick with the issues.