Re: [Asrg] RMX evaluation (was RE: Is there anything good enough? - Spoofing stats)

2003-05-09 00:25:36

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 12:20:05AM -0400, Paul Judge wrote:

  - if everyone is asleep there, it won't pass IESG review or
main list
     Last Call.

Another one of these. I wonder what we need IETF, IRTF, working groups
and mailing lists for if we have a fortune teller like Vernon.

Hadmut, we can do without the sarcasm and personal remarks. This is a
technical mailing list. Please stick to the topics.

Paul, if this ought to be a technical mailing list, would you mind
to stick to technical arguments?

As long as you call such claims as above an "argument against ..."
this has nothing to do with a technical mailing list.

More sarcasm and personal attacks. I never said that the arguments were
good. I just said that it is a clear list of arguments. This means that it
is organized in a format that allows technical debate without
irrelevant

Paul, that's your problem. Just because it was organized in items,
that doesn't mean it was arguments. If you call things like "if
everyone is asleep there, it won't pass IESG" an "argument", and
ask me to give a technical comment on this, then you do abuse
your role as a session chair and do manipulate this working group.

If you want to have a technical comment, then you have to take care
that the "arguments" are of technical nature. But the way you are
trying to manipulate doesn't allow any other answer than sarcasm.

If you don't want to follow me, then please explain how a technical
comment on those "arguments" should have looked like.

And please understand that "arguments" takes a little bit more than
just being organized as a list of items.

Hadmut