Re: [Asrg] Re: RMX evaluation / Paul Vixie's procedure

2003-05-08 23:51:35
On Fri, 9 May 2003 01:31:33 -0500
David Walker <antispam(_at_)grax(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Thursday 08 May 2003 12:47 pm, Paul Vixie wrote:

Status of this Memo

This memo describes an experimental procedure for handling received
e-mail.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

-0.5 [1]

Due to interactions with internet mailing lists I personally feel that
the comparison should be against the envelope-from ...

+1

Its not clear to me from Paul's posting that he doesn't mean the
envelope.

... instead of mail-from and that differences between the
envelope-from and mail-from should be displayed in the MUA.

Quite, tho Outlook's habit of quoting that disparity in its attributions
bugs the crap out of me.

--
J C Lawrence
claw(_at_)kanga(_dot_)nu               He lived as a devil, eh?

1) http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0010.html