Re: [Asrg] Re: RMX evaluation / Paul Vixie's procedure

2003-05-09 08:45:25
william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net wrote:
I would go as far as to say that its theoreticly impossible for RMX to do
what it is supposed to do without breaking maillists and similar mail relay
services because of the very basis of design for these proposals.

  I disagree.  You are operating under two misconceptions:

    1) Everyone is required to implement and use RMX

    2) Everyone is required to implement and use ONLY RMX.

  I would suggest that Hadmut add text to his draft saying something
like:

  "Sites implementing RMX verification are free to NOT perform that
   verification on whitelists of addresses/domains, if they so
   choose."

  Alan DeKok.