Re: [Asrg] Washington Post: Earthlink to Deploy a Challenge-Response System for

2003-05-09 13:51:59
From: Vernon Schryver <vjs(_at_)calcite(_dot_)rhyolite(_dot_)com>
> From: "John Fenley" <pontifier(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
> Ok, good point, but I was mostly thinking about copycats. Who knows how many
> other ISP's will copy what they do, but not put as much thought into it.
>
> A list created by the ASRG to help all prospective copycats from making the
> simple mistakes could save a lot of pain for everyone.

I agree that a BCP for challenge-response spam defenses is a good idea,
for future implementors.

Then we agree here. It can be a base to build on.

I've not responded to you counters to my counters to your points about
Challenge/Response systems, because unless you're working on an ID,
I fear it would be a waste of effort.

So if we were agreed, how is communicating your ideas a waste of effort?
So you decided not to respond. come up with some suggestions of your own then. Perhaps you don't like having to defend your ideas at every turn. I welcome it.
It makes those Ideas stronger.

John Fenley