RE: [Asrg] TitanKey and "white lies"... (Faking SMTP hard errors "improves" C/R utility?)

2003-05-30 20:43:46

Let's look at this:

a) I am a sender with a CRI system and send a message to a recipient with a
CRI system.  My CRI system remembers I sent a message to a particular
recipient.
b) The recipient receives my message and holds it.  The recipient sends me a
challange message with CRI headers.
c) My system responds to the challenge message using CRI headers.
d) The message is released and sent to the recipient.

I'm not sure how SMTP headers would benefit us over RFC822 X- headers.  The
message still has to be temporarily stored by the C/R system.  In addition,
we do not find that our C/R system cache gets overly large.  We drop a lot
of spam just by having the challenge bounce.

What I meant is something that I mentioned in a prior post - ability for
C/R systems to interoperate at the SMTP level not just mail
messages level.
This would save a lot of bandwidth and storage space.