Re: [Asrg] Need to know

2003-05-31 12:56:59
Here are the numbers for the University of Minnesota spanning the past
10 days or so (granted school is out, so the numbers are lower than normal):

        3686050 MAIL FROM commands issued
        3922455 RCPT TO commands issued

These are numbers ONLY for our MX servers (incoming mail where only systems
who look at our MX records should be connecting).  It appears that we have
about a 1.064 to 1 ratio (almost all of our mail is single recipient mail).

This isn't exactly the same as below since several sets of MAIL FROM/RCPT TO
commands may exist in a single connection.