RE: [Asrg] CRI Header

2003-06-09 11:43:03
By definition a DSN is addressed to the address in the MAIL FROM command, as per section 2 of RFC 3464:

"The DSN MUST be addressed (in both the message header and the transport envelope) to the return address from the transport envelope which accompanied the original message for which the DSN was generated. (For a message that arrived via SMTP, the envelope return address appears in the MAIL FROM command.)"

HOWEVER, the same section states:

"Whenever an SMTP transaction is used to send a DSN, the MAIL FROM command MUST use a NULL return address, i.e., "MAIL FROM:<>"."

That means that C/R systems such as yours MUST support the empty return path (<>).

Yakov

At 08:24 AM 6/9/2003 -1000, Peter Kay wrote:

As I've mentioned before, CRI as DSN is OK so long as the MAIL FROM is
challenge-sender's email address