RE: [Asrg] US Spam patents: Partial list

2003-06-12 09:48:54
IMHO: as an a holder of a anti-spam patent pending, I think its best to
let IPR holders approach us. Otherwise you put yourself in the
unenviable position of "authority" on patents. If you just say "these
are the IPR claims that have been submitted to us" that makes it clean
and simple, not to mention easy to maintain.

-----Original Message-----
From: Yakov Shafranovich [mailto:research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 9:51 AM
To: Asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Asrg] US Spam patents: Partial list

At 09:56 PM 6/10/2003 -0400, Bob Wyman wrote:
[..]
    My motivation for presenting the list is, in part, to
demonstrate
that the task of producing an exhaustive listing of
spam-related IPR is
going to be much more work than it may seem. Frankly, I
think we're going
to have to rely on the existing IETF procedures for IPR
holders filing of
IPR disclosures...

 [..]

Based on Bob's comments above, is there a need for us to
maintain a list
such as one that I have
(http://www.solidmatrix.com/research/asrg/asrg-ipr.html)? Or
should we wait