Re: [Asrg] Point of information...

2003-06-19 19:16:29
At 05:20 PM 6/19/2003 -0400, Barry Shein wrote:

Executive Summary: IT'S THE CRIME, STUPID!

I think these discussions are entirely missing the meat (heh) of the
spam problem.

The problem is, to paraphrase Crazy Eddie*:

       How do they do it?  volume!  Volume!! VOLUME!!!

And how do spammers achieve volume?

       crimes! Crimes!! CRIMES!!!
[..]

Fraud and illegality are a spammers' stock in trade.
[..]
Ok, what to do isn't easy or obvious, BUT THAT'S ALL we really have to
do and these guys are out of business, for all intents and purposes.

The legal aspect is not within the scope of our group and even if it was, there isn't much we can do anyway. So what technical solutions in this area are possible?

Yakov