Re: [Asrg] Point of information...

2003-06-26 11:23:24
On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 02:12:15PM -0400, Barry Shein wrote

 >   An RFC means nothing if it isn't enforced.  You almost need an
 > "internet driver's licence" or a "Killer-V" to get the problems off
 > the net.

Wait a minute, there have been over 3000 RFC's issued.

Do you mean to tell us they all mean nothing?

  Most of them are followed.  However, some aren't.  Netscape started
the HTML-email garbage, and MS followed.

Hmm, why are we here? What do you imagine the product of this group
likely to be?

  One or more RFCs that are hopefully followed/enforced.  That
qualification is the sticking point.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)waltdnes(_dot_)org>
Email users are divided into two classes;