Re: [Asrg] Point of information...

2003-06-23 20:12:33

On June 23, 2003 at 16:38 research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com (Yakov
Shafranovich) wrote:
Anything that is proposed in regards to operating systems and MUA, must
take into account the world's most used OS - Windows. Thus, Microsoft mus
be taken into account. I have no problems with proposing solutions that
Microsoft's is unlikely to approve - but then again they are unlikely to be
implemented.

With all due respect I think it's ABSURD for you to tell us that
Microsoft will not fix their operating systems to be more virus-proof
MERELY because the people and organizations who buy their products
implore them to do so.

Judging by the Bill Gates editorial in the WSJ you posted he is either
clueless that this is a major contributor to the volume of spam, or he
is lying and stonewalling the facts.

I suppose if people don't have the nerve to point out that the emperor
has no clothes it's reasonable to assume the emperor remains clueless,
or perhaps due to the relative silence doesn't think it's very
important.

If you have no faith in the truth you don't belong here.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs(_at_)TheWorld(_dot_)com           |
http://www.TheWorld.com
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since 1989     *oo*