Re: [Asrg] Point of information...

2003-06-21 20:59:30
On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 05:51:01PM -0400, Barry Shein wrote

Yes, replacing all MS windows operating systems on all computers
attached to the net with either Unix or a modern unix-like operating
system (Linux, Mac OSX) would eliminate about 99% of the spam and put
virtually all spammers out of business instantly.

  And my boss thinks I'm a linux zealot, sheesh.  The newbies *WILL*
find ways to screw up.  Or don't you remember what happened when some
idiots set up every school in South Korea with sendmail wide-open for
relaying ?  And if Windows disappears, the dumbkopf who wrote AnalogX
will probably port it to linux with the same brain-dead wide-open
defaults.  It's not the OS behind the computer, it's the nut behind the
keyboard that's the problem.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes(_at_)waltdnes(_dot_)org>
Email users are divided into two classes;